Triangulum 2: Galactic Boogaloo

Still experimenting with post-processing techniques, I made another attempt at the Triangulum. The subframes for this were extremely noisy, and the resulting stack was still quite noisy. The flats I took at the time were pretty poor and added some rotational gradients to the image. I decided to take a different direction with this one, removing all of the background and working with better contrast with what I had left. Wavelets were used to denoise and sharpen a bit at just the right scale, which I think gives a much more striking result. Although some structure from the galaxy was lost since it was about the same brightness as the background, I am much more pleased with the obvious detail I was able to enhance.